Monday 22 March 2010

Hatt and Klonk

'Hatt and Klonk' is an art history book recommended to me by an Art History Professor at Plymouth university.

For my own benefit I asked her, in my interview, whether she has any recommended reading with regards to art history. Her reply was 'Hatt and Klonk' which at first threw me; it sounds more like a comedy duo... much like Armstrong and Miller haha...

However this afternoon I order a copy from amazon and I cannot wait to read it. It's only recently been published and is apparently a comprehensive non-fiction about art history that, I hope, will be simple enough to understand. (Vasari's 'Lives of the Artists' can sometimes be as clear as mud!)

I'll keep you all posted.

Also, last weekend I spent about 9 hours (in total) re-vamping my entire bedroom. Since I was 13 I've had posters and drawings all over the walls and I got fed up with it. The fact that I am 20 in a matter of months pressured me into leaving my love for Good Charlotte posters and my poor attempts at manga drawing behind me... Now I have a new and improved bedroom which, strangley, seems twice as big and bright than before. I spent hours nailing up my art work which isn't for an ego trip, but more for my confidence in art. When I left university I thought I was talentless, and displaying my work makes me feel good about it... So sue me!

Happy Blogging

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment