Tuesday 16 March 2010

Spring Fever


My dried rose pendant

Spring has finally sprung!

I am so excited about Spring because it makes me so happy and hopeful for the year ahead :)

After going for a walk this afternoon I bought some daffodils and yellow chrysanthemums for my bedroom. I have a hobby of hanging and drying flowers to preserve them - if ever I or my mum are given flowers, I will always preserve at least one.

Of course I never do this while the flowers are still healthy and living - they have to be wilting and starting to die before I will hang them.

Recently I had an idea of making a piece of jewellery from my hung flowers. Roses make some of the best preserved flowers - the more volume in the head the better. Roses have loads of layers of petals which means when dried, they keep most of their natural shape.

I dipped one of my dried roses in varnish to strengthen it and once it had dried, I cut off the stem and made it into a pendant. Hope you like it :)


Have a wonderful spring-time! :)


<3


1 comment: